LATEST NEWS FOR THE REGION
eCommerce Readiness Workshop
Tuesday, 5th February 2019
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Venue to be advised
This forum is designed specifically for the food & beverage industry, incorporating feedback and insights from e-commerce platform buyers and suppliers. The session aims to help Australian food and agribusinesses capitalise on the rapidly growing Chinese e-commerce demand for Australian products, and help them understand what is required to be ready to compete across the various e-commerce platforms in China. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Emerging trends and dynamics associated with e-commerce and how to best market your product
- Business and operational models/requirements to access the various Chinese online marketplaces
- Product clearance under the e-commerce channel
- Costs associated with the various e-commerce platforms/channels
- Building a price matrix for profit and capability with supermarket/food service channels
- Marketing your products on e-commerce – how to promote and sell to Chinese consumers
- IP and brand protection
- Potential impact of ChAFTA (China Free Trade Agreement) on e-commerce opportunities
Building Better Regions Fund - Round 3
The $641.6 million Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) supports the Australian Government's commitment to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future.
For Round 3, $200 million is available, with up to $45 million of this funding earmarked to support tourism-related infrastructure projects.
There are two streams of funding available under the program:
Applications close 15 November 2018 5:00pm AEDT
RDAIWM Funding Newsletter - September 2018
The September 2018 RDAIWM Funding Newsletter has been compiled and released, consisting of the latest funding news articles and media announcements as advised by the Australian Government through their Media Releases australia.gov.au as well as other Australian Government funding sources.
Project Status Report
On behalf of the RDA Ipswich & West Moreton Committee, I am pleased to present our regional Project Status Report (January - June 2018).
This report highlights the demographics and developments occurring in Ipswich, Scenic Rim, Somerset and Lockyer Valley. With our region having a combined Gross Regional Product of $12.9 billion, the prospect of investment to increase further growth via population and infrastructure continues to gather pace.
In 2018 alone our region collectively will commerce $8.09 billion worth of private and government construction. Such significant investment is a contributing driver to both employment and lifestyle opportunities for the Ipswich & West Moreton region.
Access the Project Status Report screen preview (PDF 10.2MB)