- This grant has passed.
Community Housing Futures
Boosts the competence and capacity of Community Housing Organisations (CHOs) to expand the supply of social and affordable housing in QLD.
The Scheme aids CHOs in accessing training, education and tools related to growth, as well as facilitating grants for specialised business advisory services.
The primary objectives of this Scheme are to:
– Improve the ability to bid for funding for housing growth schemes
– Augment the capability to deliver an increased supply of housing
– Amplify Community Housing Organisations’ ability to diversify operating models to raise the availability of affordable housing.
The Scheme has multiple streams:
– Business Consultancy Scheme
– Organisation Capability Appraisals.
1. Business Consultancy Scheme
Qualified organisations can apply for a grant of up to $50,000.00 (ex GST) through this application to cover the cost of customised help from the Approved Professional Advisory Panel in one or more of the four vital areas:
– Finance: project and business financial modelling, financial risk analysis and key ratios.
– Business planning: project and business planning, business case preparation, partnership formation, monitoring
– Property development: creation or procurement of new social and affordable housing, mixed tenure, sustainable and accessible property design, urban planning, place
– Risk management: understanding risks (business, financial, policy, governance etc.) and managing, monitoring and mitigating risk.
To be eligible for funding under this scheme, organisations must meet the following criteria:
– Organisations must be a community housing organisation (either tiers 1, 2 or 3 under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH), The Queensland State Regulatory System for Community Housing (QSRSCH) or an Indigenous Community Housing Provider)
– Organisations must be delivering or intending to deliver further housing supply outcomes in Queensland
– Organisations must have strategic supply growth objectives and capacity for growth of affordable and social housing supply within the next three years.
2. Capability For Growth Appraisals
The Community Housing Futures Scheme is seeking expressions of interest from eligible Community Housing Organisations who are interested in having their growth capabilities assessed.
To express your interest in undergoing a capability assessment conducted through a professional service/consultant to better understand your organisation’s current position and future growth potential.
– Organisations must be a community housing provider (under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH), The Queensland State Regulatory System for Community Housing (QSRSCH) or an Indigenous Community Housing Provider).