Queensland Arts Showcase Program
Focuses on celebrating Queensland’s artists and stories, ensuring Queenslanders’ access to high quality experiences and growing Queensland’s cultural reputation.
Objectives of the QASP:
– Supports the development and presentation of new arts and cultural works by individual Queensland artists, organisations, and communities
– Strengthens skills development, and provide new employment and career development opportunities for artists and arts workers
– Grows a pipeline of high-quality arts, cultural products, and experiences.
What the funding can be used for:
– The Fund supports applications from individuals and organisations for projects and programs at different stages of development and across multiple stages from creative development through to production, presentation, and distribution
– For example, you can apply for just the creative development stage of a new work or apply to fund the project from its early stages through to a tour of the finished work
– In addition, applicants have the options to apply for additional funding towards an industry placement as part of the project, and/or the fees for the commissioning of new live or recorded music as part of your project.
– Single year projects: up to $70,000 for projects and programs for up to 12 months.
– Two-year projects: up to $150,000 (open to applications in January and April 2023) for projects and programs that need a larger and/or longer scale of development of up to two-years and include presentation and/or distribution.
Applicants may only receive 1 QASP grant per calendar year.
Additional funding available:
– PLUS up to $60,000 towards a full-time industry placement for 12-months (or a pro rata equivalent for part-time) with a focus on arts management and/or arts production
– PLUS up to $10,000 towards fees for Queensland-based composers, musicians or librettists to support the commissioning of new live or recorded music as part of your project.