- This grant has passed.
Touring Queensland Fund
The Touring Queensland Fund focuses on supporting regional community access to quality arts and cultural events and products.
It supports arts presenters and producers in the delivery of performing arts, visual arts, contemporary music gigs, cultural heritage touring activity.
This fund has 2 streams:
- Single year and single tour funding for single tours and touring programs including schools touring (within a 12-month period) and single tours to present arts products and experiences across Queensland touring circuits or regions
- Multi-year touring funding for touring programs that are not dedicated schools touring within a 2-year period (with the option to extend funding agreements for a third year of programs) that enhance community cultural calendars and grow audiences for Queensland artists and arts organisations across or within regions.
Funding will support tours within and between regions, touring from Brisbane to regional Queensland locations, and tours from regionally based companies to Brisbane.
- Support arts presenters and producers in the delivery of touring arts and cultural experiences and gigs in a range of places including halls, libraries, galleries, performing arts venues, schools and non-traditional spaces within and across Queensland communities
- Grow audience access to and demand for exceptional and diverse arts experiences
- Enable audience development within regions, for an artist, organisation and/or artform through touring activity
- Increase diverse programming, including First Nations arts, contemporary music gigs and disability arts, and drive regional company touring into new regional locations and Brisbane
- Provide new employment and career development opportunities for Queensland artists and organisations.
For single year touring programs and single tour funding up to $100,000 for:
- Tour-ready performing arts, visual arts, schools’ tours, workshops, and events for tour itineraries that include at least three (3) locations within a 12-month period
- Applications open 14 October 2022 and close 14 November 2022.
For multi-year touring program funding up to $150,000 per annum for:
- Touring an identified circuit of at least five (5) locations multiple times over a 24-month period
- Applications open 14 October 2022 and close 27 February 2023.
Applicants can apply for up to 50% of the total project costs.