About This Project
The Springfield Regional Jobs Committee program is intended to bring together local industry groups, training providers, local and major employers, and councils to identify key areas of employment growth and local training, skills and workforce development needs.
- Engagement with regional employers, small businesses and other industry stakeholders to ensure training and employment solutions are more accurately aligned with local skills needs and economic activity to support regional jobs growth;
- Regional industry advice to identify trends and opportunities in the local area;
- An opportunity for key local stakeholders to work together to align regional skills and workforce development with local industry and employer needs;
- Stronger links between schools, parents, industry and employers, and registered training organisations to better ensure students’ skills and training choices lead to real jobs;
- Regional engagement and collaboration projects that will promote training and skills development that aligns to local jobs and employment growth and forecast needs among other objectives; and
An avenue to address employment issues, identify and maximise local employment opportunities.
TAFE Queensland Springfield is located in the thriving heart of Springfield’s education precinct. Greater Springfield has experienced strong growth over the last 10 years and is projected to be one of the largest communities in Queensland within the next 30 years. The campus is located within Education City, a central nucleus for education in the greater Springfield area.
A recognised leader in online and blended education, UniSQ are renowned for their supportive environment and student-focused commitment to learning and teaching. UniSQ also boasts being the number one University in Queensland for graduate employability.