IPSWICH & WEST MORETON
Regional Development Australia Ipswich & West Moreton is a vital component of the nationwide network of RDA committees across Australia. Our dedicated committee consists of local leaders representing various sectors including government, business, and community groups. Our mission revolves around enhancing the progress of our region. This mission materialises through our active involvement in fostering economic and workforce advancements, promoting localised procurement, orchestrating strategic regional blueprints, and facilitating access to governmental initiatives and infrastructure funding.
The Albanese Government’s vision for regional Australia is one of strong, connected regions that shape our economic growth and wellbeing; are resilient and responsive to economic and environmental shocks; are inclusive, vibrant and diverse. Regions that our First Nations people have every opportunity to engage in and shape, and where people, businesses and investments thrive.
Regional Development Australia Committees (RDAs) are critical to the delivery of this vision, including supporting the successful implementation of the Australian Government’s Regional Investment Framework (RIF), which will guide a more coordinated approach to regional development, underpinned by local engagement.
RDAs play a role in helping to drive economic growth, innovation and entrepreneurship in regions through facilitating investment in community, industry and the environment. RDAs assist to bridge the regional development gaps in regions by working with a broad range of stakeholders across sectors and supporting the delivery of identified Australian Government strategic priorities.
As representatives of their local communities, RDAs will:
- focus their activities and strategy on delivery of the RIF in their region, including investment in people, places, services, and industries and local economies
- support regional stakeholders, including local government and the not-for-profit-sector, to seek grant opportunities that advance strategic regional priorities
- support decarbonisation efforts and the transformation to a net zero economy and enable regional linkages between sectors to achieve these aims
- build the evidence for economic development, including innovation and diversification strategies
- facilitate meaningful engagement across the three levels of government to ensure investments deliver better outcomes for regions, and
- contribute relevant data and local intelligence to support the evidence base to inform regional development strategies, program design and policy responses.
RDAs use their local, cross-sector expertise and regional voice to:
- collaborate with integrity, transparency, respect and accountability
- engage with diverse communities, especially First Nations people
- support the Government’s ambition of ‘no one held back and no one left behind’, and
- support gender equality opportunities in their regions.
Last updated: 28th July 2023