- This grant has passed.
Local Sporting Champions
Provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
If successful, applicants will receive $500-$750 towards the cost of attending their championships:
– Base Grant: $500
– Applicants travelling 800km – 1999km to their nominated championships: + $100
– Applicants travelling internationally or greater than 2000km to their nominated championships: + $200
– Applicants residing in a rural electorate: + $50.
Examples of expenses include (but is not limited to):
– Competition entry fees/levies
– Transport costs (e.g. airfares, petrol)
– Sporting equipment.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Be turning 12 to 18 years of age in the same calendar year as the nominated championships
– Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent resident status, residing in Australia
– Be participating as an athlete, coach, or match official at an eligible championship or competition
– Those attending a state championship must be living more than 125km from the championships venue, and travelling greater than 250km return to participate in the nominated championships
– Must complete and submit the application prior to or up to one month post completion of your nominated championships
– May receive a maximum of two grants in the same allocation year
– Must incur out-of-pocket expenses equal to, or greater than, the grant amount they are eligible to receive.